The Canadian Blood Services are in need of donations and we're looking to our WILD Ones to help out!
Tips for donating:
1. Make sure you have had a substantial meal
2. Be well hydrated – start drinking one - two liters of water in the days before you donate and at least 500 ml (and a salty snack) just before your donation
3. Get some rest – make sure you have had a good night’s sleep prior to donating
4. Feel well the day you donate (no sore throat, cold, etc)
5. Bring your Blood Donor Card or photo ID (identification with full name and signature, or full name and photograph required)
Am I Eligible to Donate?
Canadian Blood Services is dedicated to ensuring the safety of our blood supply. The criteria is designed to ensure it is safe for you to donate, and to minimize risk to the recipients of your valuable donation. As an example, you may not be able to donate for a temporary period of time if you have recently travelled to a malaria risk area. Visit the links below for more information.
Question about your eligibility to donate? Call 1 888 2 DONATE (1-888-236-6283) and ask to speak with a Nurse. Our staff are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.